X-Presso was the games previous currency and was replaced March 19, 2014 by Metro Money.
While it was removed:
- All players are refunded with Metro Money for the existing X-Presso stocks!
- All X-Presso rewards (excluding barrels) are getting replaced with Metro Money-rewards!
- X-Presso as mastery-challenged is removed and will be replaced individually.
- In the academy X-Presso is replaced with Metro Money, too. As part of the new dynamics, the price is dependent on the remaining time.
- For instant upgrades and constructions X-Presso is replaced with Metro Money. Again, as part of the new dynamics, the price is dependent on the remaining time.
- Productions can be instant finished with Metro Money, the price being dependent on the remaining time as well.
- Moreover, X-Presso-Income is replaced with Metro Money in standard Events Rewards, Quest Rewards, Booster Packs, Special Buildings (like the Christmas Tree), Starter Packs and the Loot-o-Matic.
Metro Money is more valuable than X-Presso because it has more than just one function. X-Presso could only be used to speed up production and rent collection; while Metro Money has many more functions. Since the amount of Metro Money will increase as well, you can decide yourself on what you want to spend it.